this is a rich and chocolatey single layer cake. you can mix it and bake it in the same pan. serve it warm - with real whipped cream and fresh raspberries on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt butter over low heat in a round 9" cake pan.
- 2remove from heat and add cocoa - stir.
- 3add sugar, eggs and vanilla - stir.
- 4add flour, baking powder and salt - mix well.
- 5sprinkle half (1/4 cup) of the chocolate chips and all of the sliced almonds on top of the batter.
- 6bake (in the same pan) at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- 7remove from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- 8allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. cut into wedges and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm & Gooey Double Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: