Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the most popular classics, though very quick and simple to make.If you love goat cheese this is a treat.
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 slices country bread
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 4 walnut halves
- Wash and dry the lettuce ; on chopping board, crumple a few leaves together in your hand and cut thin strips with a knife on a chopping board. Share them among the individual dishes.
- Put one goat cheese on each bread slice and pre-heat oven on grill position.
- Make your vinaigrette : In a bowl mix salt, pepper, and mustard ; solwly add the vinegar and then the oil, always mixing.
- When ready to serve, put the toast and cheese under oven grill for about 5 to 10 minutes ; the cheese should begin to get warm and slightly melt ; in the meantime, pour a bit of vinaigrette on the lettuce strips of each dish.
- When cheese is ready, put the toast on lettuce and serve right away.
- Decorate with a walnut half or parsley.
- I used a roll of Goat cheese and cut thick slices.
Very tasty dressing for a simple lettuce salad, and we enjoyed the toasts with the soft goat cheese to dress it up.