Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Basil pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese intermingle to produce a savory, colorful, EASY vegetarian sandwich. Wonderful served with seedless purple grapes.
- 1 (5 ounce) goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, softened and chopped
- 2 pita breads, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Open the pita bread halves up into pockets. Spread goat cheese onto one side of the inside of each pita pocket.
- Spread a layer of pesto over the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place pita halves onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes in the preheated oven, just until the filling is warm, and the bread is lightly toasted.