Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basil pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese intermingle to produce a savory, colorful, EASY vegetarian sandwich. Wonderful served with seedless purple grapes.
- 1 (5 ounce) goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, softened and chopped
- 2 pita breads, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Open the pita bread halves up into pockets. Spread goat cheese onto one side of the inside of each pita pocket.
- Spread a layer of pesto over the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place pita halves onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes in the preheated oven, just until the filling is warm, and the bread is lightly toasted.
Yummy! I guess I like my toppings lighter since I used twice the bread for these amounts. Everything blends very well together, and makes for a great snack.
Tasty! I was in a hurry and didn't take the time to soften the tomatoes, but it still tasted great. I drizzled a little olive oil inside before baking, and I tossed a few pine nuts in before baking too. They added a nice texture to the sandwich. I used whole grain pitas that came in a pack of 6 precut halves to make these a little healthier, and they were delicious. I used my own homemade fresh pesto, and I probably used more than half a cup. I'll be making these again!