1/2 Photos of Warm Goat Cheese Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 12 mins
Vicki in CT's Note:
From Southern Living. Haven't tried this yet but sounded good so posting for safekeeping. Let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 12 ounces goat cheese (three logs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1Combine dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- 2Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and sesame seeds.
- 3Cut each log of goat cheese into four slices. Dip each in egg and dredge in bread crumb mixture. Cover and chill two hours.
- 4Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat. Fry goat cheese in two batches for 1-2 minutes per side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Toss salad with dressing. Top with olives and warm goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.1
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 626.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens