Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another AWW recipe - you always know they'll be good!
- 500 g fresh gnocchi (1lb)
- 1 (270 g) jarchar-grilled red capsicums, in oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 (340 g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup toasted walnuts
- Cook gnocchi in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until they float to the surface and are just tender; drain, cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain capsicum over small jug; reserve 1/3 cup of the oil. Slice capsicum thinly.
- Combine reserved oil in a screw-top jar with vinegar, garlic and olive oil; shake dressing well.
- Combine capsicum and gnocchi in a large bowl with olives, artichokes, onion, basil and dressing; toss gently to combine and serve topped with nuts.
This WAS good. I used a fresh red pepper instead of the pimentos (grilled capsicums:D) and canned artichoke hearts instead of marinated ones. So instead of the extra oil I addded a bit more vinegar, which is how I prefer my salads. Oh, I used kalamata olives too. I almost overcooked the gnocchi, which would have been disastrous, so watch yours carefully! Thanks for the recipe.