Recipe by pines506
Yet another chicken salad, but it sounds good. I haven't had a chance to make it yet, but don't want to lose it.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 small bunch watercress (optional)
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and salt.
- Reserve 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture for grilling.
- Stir orange juice into remaining mayonnaise mixture; reserve for greens.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing with reserved 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture, 12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce and watercress with reserved mayonnaise/orange juice mixture.
- To serve arrange slice chicken over greens, the n top with snow peas and oranges.