Dark moist gingerbread with lemon glaze from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Warm Gingerbread With Lemon Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- ground cinnamon
- lemon slice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter and hot water in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until the butter melts. Add molasses and egg, and stir with a whisk until blended. Lightly soon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Add flour mixture to the molasses mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into a 9 inch cake pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool gingerbread in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar and lemon juice, stirring until well blended. Pierce top of gingerbread liberally with a wooden skewer. Pour glaze over gingerbread. Cool completely.
- Tope each serving with the whipped topping. Sprinkle gingerbread with cinnamon and garnish if desired with lemon slices.
great bread didnt do lemon sauce