Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Quick and easy recipe to make authentic tasting german style potatoes. The same taste you find served in many German restaurants throughout the us.
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion or 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄2 lb thick slice smoked bacon
- 1 cup pickle juice (stir well to use all the seeds and garlic in the bottom)
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell peppers (or all 3 for color) or 1⁄4 cup yellow bell peppers (or all 3 for color) or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (or all 3 for color)
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Cook bacon in medium-large saute pan. Remove bacon pieces and reserve. Fry potaoes with peppers in remaining fat until they begin to brown. Add bacon and dill pickle juice and cook till warm. Serve warm and garnish with fresh parsley.