Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Martha recipe!
Make and share this Warm German Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In a 5-quart saucepan, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover; cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain; cool slightly and halve.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add 3 tablespoons vinegar and mustard.
- Toss with warm potatoes.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper, and add up to 1 tablespoon more vinegar. Serve warm.
Great flavor and easy to make. My teenage kids didn't care for it though. They don't like sauces that have a lot of vinegar in them, and you can definitely taste the vinegar in this dish. All of the adults I served loved this potato salad and asked for seconds. Went great with chicken sandwiches.
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for! It was wonderful, everyone loved it. I had already boiled eggs for a regular potato salad (decided to make yours, instead - MUCH easier!) so I sliced them and added to the salad as well. Very good. Thank you for the recipe...
Great salad! We all loved and I will definitely be making this again real soon! Thanks!