Recipe by Queenkungfu
A Martha recipe!
Top Review by Sanzibar ;-)
Great flavor and easy to make. My teenage kids didn't care for it though. They don't like sauces that have a lot of vinegar in them, and you can definitely taste the vinegar in this dish. All of the adults I served loved this potato salad and asked for seconds. Went great with chicken sandwiches.
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 slices bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5-quart saucepan, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover; cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain; cool slightly and halve.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add 3 tablespoons vinegar and mustard.
- Toss with warm potatoes.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper, and add up to 1 tablespoon more vinegar. Serve warm.