Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect with Asian Hoisin Ribs. And, yes, that is a lot of garlic. Eat this with people you love, and be sure everyone has some! This recipe makes lots of dressing; it keeps forever in the fridge, so it's always ready to go.
- 1 lb finely shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt (or less, to taste)
- 1 cup best-quality mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup freshly ground garlic
- Mix all except cabbage together.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add cabbage to skillet.
- Pour about a cup of dressing over the top of the cabbage. Reserve the rest of the dressing for future use.
- Cook long enough to wilt cabbage.
Perfect suggestions (Asian Hoisin Ribs and making sure everyone has some). I keep the leftover sauce in a pasta sauce jar in the fridge. Yum!
Thnx for posting, Cheri. This is excellent, and the dressing is the absolute best. In fact, I've used the dressing to spark up other recipes! Don't be concerned when the dressing separates, just give a couple of good shakes and go with it. And, yes, it is a lot of garlic, but don't short it! The easiest way to prepare this is to use the prepared garlic in a jar.