Recipe by I'mPat
From the Health for Life (Diabetes) supported by Diabetes Australia. I have had this as a dessert minus the muesli with a low-fat vanilla yoghurt. Per serve fat 2.5g, protein 9.5g, carbohydrate 44g, fibre 12.5g, cholesterol 2.5g, energy 1025kg (245 cal) and gi53 low.
Top Review by ellie_
Loved the combination of fruits in this salad! For the rock melons I used cantalope and skipped the dressing part of the salad along with the passion fruit pulp, which isn't available in my neck of the woods. For breakfast today I am having the leftover fruit salad with the yogurt. Thanks for sharing this keeper which I will be having often - next time adding the dressing too!
- 700 g rock melons (1lb 6 1/2 oz, peeled and cubed)
- 200 g strawberries (6 1/2 oz, cut in halves)
- 2 kiwi fruits (peeled and sliced)
- 500 g fresh pineapple (1lb peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄3 cup passion fruit pulp (80ml or 2 2/3 fl oz)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice (125ml or 4 fl oz)
- 200 ml low-fat plain yogurt (6 1/2 fl oz)
- 1 cup muesli (natural 130 grams or 4 1/2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rockmelon, strawberries, kiwifruit and pineapple into a bowl and gently mix to combine.
- Put the passionfruit and pineapple juice into a pan, gently heat until warm and stir to combine.
- Pour over the fruit salad and gently mix to coat the fruit in the liquid.
- Spoon fruit salad equally into 4 wide-topped glasses and top each with a quarter of yoghurt and muesli.