Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Although this crock pot dish is made with canned fruit, fresh fruit could be substituted for most of it! The recipe comes from a Taste of Home booklet, 'all-time best slow cooker Recipe Cards,' from Mar 06.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans peach slices, drained
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pear halves, drained, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can apricot halves, drained, sliced
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a 5-quart crock pot, combine first 4 ingredients, then top with pie filling.
- Cover & cook on high 2 hours or until heated through, then serve.
I could only fit 1 can of each into my crock pot. And the cherry pie filling has a disturbing color. And I threw in a cinnamon stick. This is a fabulously easy recipe & everyone absolutely loved it. I can think of many applications - under whipped cream, over ice cream, under granola, over ham. I served it over ham even though I made it for the Vegan recipe swap 11/08. (ducking) Thanks, Mike!! p.s! I used fruit canned in juice (when possible), reserved the juice & dd is drinking her 'mixed fruit juice' with her bfast. ;)