Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This smells sooooo good while it cooks! The cream cheese topping is just right for the not-too-sweet fruit. Try it for breakfast on a cool fall morning.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan combine the brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in the water, 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate and butter.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and add the fruit; heat through.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth.
- Place fruit mixture in individual serving dishes; dollop topping over fruit.