Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the original recipe from 4 Ingredients or Less Campbell's cookbook but modified the recipe. The original recipe calls for mozzarella cheese, but we like this dip with Swiss cheese.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- crusty bread, for dipping
- Stir the soup and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in Swiss cheese.
- Pour in baking dish and bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve warm.
A successful addition to my appetizer table at the family Christmas party! Love the use of onion soup rather than the dry mix. I used a mixture of cheeses, mozzarella, Swiss and parmesan and perhaps used too much as it would not stay _dippable_ as it cooled. Undeterred, my guests spread it on the bread. ;-) I recommend this to anyone who is tired of the same old onion dip. Thanks for sharing the recipe!