Recipe by Tebo
Opening a couple of cans of fruit for a dessert suites me fine. The taste is terrific. Leftovers are good cold or can be heated up in the microwave. Don't forget the cheese. It adds a texture and taste that compliment the apples.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Good recipe, Tebo. I cut the recipe down to 6 servings, so I used one of those Jiffy cake mixes and used an 8 x 8 dish. It worked out very well. I added cinnamon to the pie filling and a dash of vanilla. The cheddar cheese was a wonderful addition. Thanks for sharing this easy, but tasty recipe. I will use this recipe again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (19 ounce) cans French apple pie filling (or apple pie filling)
- 1 package white cake mix
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into cake mix (or use food processor) until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture.
- Pat remaining mixture into ungreased 13" X 9" dish.
- Pat mixture up 1/2 inch side of dish.
- Spread pie filling over cake mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved mixture over top.
- Bake 45-50 minutes .
- Serve warm with a wedge of cheddar cheese.