Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A potato salad that is not heavy at all....great side dish for any event!
Make and share this Warm Fingerling Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Steam the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce them with a paring knife.
- While potatoes are steaming, heat the olive oil in a medium (10”) skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, and sautee until onions are softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat under the skillet and add the vinegar, capers, mustard, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- While they are still hot, slice the potatoes into 1/4” rounds.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, and chives to the skillet, and stir gently until all potatoes are coated evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made this with a mix of red, yellow and purple fingerling potatoes. With the combination, these turned out just beautiful. Really enjoyed the capers in them, although next time, I don't think I'll rinse them....I needed a bit more salt for my potatoes. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.