I found this recipe on the excellent food website, "The Kitchn". Recipe was inspired by a similar salad at Caffe Falai, NYC.
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 -8 cremini mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 of a small head radicchio, cored and sliced into chunks
- 1 cup whole farro
- 2 -3 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 small handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine the carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onion in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, and roast for 15 minutes, stirring once. Add the radicchio to the pan, toss to get it covered in a bit of oil, and cook everything for another 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, rinse and drain the farro. Bring 2 cups of water to boil, season with salt, and add the farro. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until soft but still chewy in the center. Drain.
- 4Combine the cooked farro and vegetables, then add the fontina and parsley. Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, seasoning with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the farro mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Farro Salad With Roasted Vegetables & Fontina
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 768.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: