Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on the excellent food website, "The Kitchn". Recipe was inspired by a similar salad at Caffe Falai, NYC.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6 -8 cremini mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 of a small head radicchio, cored and sliced into chunks
- 1 cup whole farro
- 2 -3 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 small handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onion in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, and roast for 15 minutes, stirring once. Add the radicchio to the pan, toss to get it covered in a bit of oil, and cook everything for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the farro. Bring 2 cups of water to boil, season with salt, and add the farro. Cook for 12-15 minutes, until soft but still chewy in the center. Drain.
- Combine the cooked farro and vegetables, then add the fontina and parsley. Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, seasoning with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the farro mixture.