Warm Fall Cider With Spices
- Place the cider in a large saucepan set over medium heat and heat until it is warmed through.
- While the cider is heating, melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan set over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the brown sugar and stir for about 1 minute (the sugar will not be completely dissolved).
- Add the warm cider and stir until all the sugar has dissolved into the liquid.
- Add half of the orange slices, the apple slices, the halved cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and rum.
- Stir and cook at a simmer, until the flavors have melded well, 8-10 minutes.
- Ladle the warm cider into mugs or cups.
- Garnish each mug with an orange slice and a cinnamon stick and serve.