1/3 Photos of Warm Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Tasty warm eggplant salad, great served with yogurt and my "Fennel and Sea Salt Pita Bread Crisps".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggplants
- 20 ml olive oil, plus
- extra olive oil, to brush
- sea salt
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small red chile, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 20 ml red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- 2Peel strips off the eggplant skin with a vegetable peeler, slice eggplant into 1cm (just under 1/2 inch) thick slices.
- 3Brush both sides with the extra olive oil, then place in a baking dish and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 4Cook for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven, if eggplant is a little dry, sprinkle with water, cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 1 cm cubes and set aside.
- 6Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add tomatoes, garlic, spices, chilli, sugar and salt.
- 7Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and add juice, vinegar and black pepper.
- 8Add to the reserved eggplant, stir through herbs.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 599.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g