Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great lunch and gets me in my groove.
- 4 large eggs
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 29.58 ml finely chopped celery
- 14.79 ml thinly slivered fresh basil
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (or half mayonnaise-half yogurt) or 59.14 ml yogurt (or half mayonnaise-half yogurt)
- 4 slice whole wheat bread or 4 slice multigrain bread
- 2 large soft lettuce leaves
- Put eggs in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Heat to boiling; cover and removed from the heat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and carefully crack shells.
- Peel the eggs and cut them into chunks (do not mash).
- Combine the eggs with the onions, celery, basil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the mayonnaise and gently fold together.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Place 2 slices on a cutting board; top each with a lettuce leaf.
- Spoon the egg salad on top; top with the remaining 2 slices of toast.
- Cut in half and serve.
This hit the spot for a nice lunch. I used rye bread. Loved the fresh basil in it! Thank you Di!
I'm with you, NurseDi. I had this for my lunch today and now I find your recipe. Great minds groove alike.