1/1 Photo of Warm Dressing for Spinach
Bonnie G #2's Note:
My Mom used to make a warm dressing that I loved, but has forgotten the recipe, I've been looking for something close to it and found this in Taste of Home magazine and it sounds like it comes close. Described as a tangy-sweet dressing perfect for large gatherings. Recommends keeping it warm in a slow cooker prior to serving. Good over spinach, just a little gives a lot of flavor. They even say it would be good mixed in with mashed potatoes but I'm not to sure of that. This is just the recipe for the dressing, pour over prepared spinach salad and sprinkle top with cooked and crumbled bacon. Serving is a guess as it depends on the amount you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- 2Gradually stir in water and vinegar.
- 3Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 4Reduce heat;.
- 5Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir small amount of hot dressing into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- 8Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Serve immediately over spinach salad that you might want to have mushroom and croutons inches.
- 11Sprinkle top with cooked and crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Dressing for Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 103.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g