Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is a great sauce that we like served with Waffles, Pancakes or French toast, or served over frozen yogurt, pudding or pound cake. Great on ice cream too! Delicious! Adapted from California Strawberries.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pint strawberry, stemmed and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, water and jam.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes just to boil. Meanwhile, mix lemon juice with cornstarch; stir into sugar mixture.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Mix in strawberries.
- Heat through but do not cook.