Recipe by UmmBinat
Gluten free without the bread. Date syrup/molasses/honey is an Iraqi ingredient that I adore. Modified from a recipe found on http://www.saucemagazine.com.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Loved it! I would never have thought about using tahini as a base for a dip, but this was wonderful! I didn't have date syrup, so I used maple syrup. This was fantastic, and looks so fancy with no effort at all. Will be impressing guests with it soon!
- 3⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup date syrup (date molasses, dibis in Arabic, found in some Middle Eastern shops)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ground cinnamon, to garnish
- apple, sliced, to serve
- pita bread, cut into wedges to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the tahini on a serving platter.
- Drizzle or pour date syrup in circles and swirl with the edge of a spoon to make a pretty pattern.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan and sprinkle over top (this is what warms it up slightly).
- Sprinkle on ground cinnamon and serve immediately with sliced apples and pita wedges to dip.