- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, pieces
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
Directions See How It's Made
- crush cardamom pods with side of a knife or bottom of apot.
- remove seeds and discard husks.
- put all ingredients in a small skillet and turn heat to medium.
- toast, occasionally shaking pan until mixture is fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- grind in a spice or coffe grinder until powdery.
- store in a tightly covered container for up to several weeks.