Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Light salad for those hot summer nights. From Secrets of the Spas by Catherine Bardey.
- 1⁄2 cup dry lentils
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook dry lentils until tender following package instructions, roughly 30 minutes.
- When tender, drain and place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and serve warm.
Very good salad. Loved the balsamic in it. Was a hot day and except for boiling the lentils, it kept the kitchen cool.
Yummy! I used 1 cup canned lentils which I heated up and drained and cut the recipe in half. Served with a toasted whole wheat tortilla. Thanks for sharing!
This is a very good alternative, using lentils, which I am always looking for. The leftovers were also good right out of the fridge. Thanks, Bekah, for a great recipe!