Recipe by MarieFromSweden
Cucumber is really nice warm and this makes a fresh salad that is a good side dish--especially with fish, lax, or chicken. Perfect for those summer barbecues. I always sprinkle a bit more mustard seeds when I think it's enough!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber lengthwise, scoop out the seeds with a spoon and cut into pieces.
- Put in a colander and sprinkle with a little salt, to draw out water.
- Put some oil/butter in a medium hot pan cover the bottom with mustard seeds and wait for them to pop; meanwhile chop the onion finely and the parsley roughly.
- Pour excess water off the cucumber pieces and put them in the pan; stir around just so they get warm--a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with onion and parsley, give it a stir and serve.