Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appetizer is SOOOO GOOD! The sweet fruit and the salty cheese are such a great complement. It's fast and easy, yet comes off as an elegant dish you slaved over!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 green apple, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 brie round
- crackers or baguette
- Heat butter, brown sugar, apples, craisins, and pecans in saucepan until bubbly.
- Squeeze lemon juice in and stir.
- Turn off heat.
- Heat brie in microwave for 2 minutes until warm and soft.
- Pour mixture over brie & serve with crackers or bread.
This was fabulous, easy and quick. The sauce was a little runny at first while still hot - a little hard to serve on a cracker - but worth the effort. I'm glad for a recipe that used ingredients I had in my kitchen. Thanks.
This is SO GOOD!! I've been looking for a recipe like this for a while. A friend of mine made this for a party and it was gone before I was able to have seconds.