Recipe by English_Rose
Mouthfuls of crumbly cheese, warm roasted vegetables and cous cous make this a substantial salad for any time of year.
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces couscous
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the peppers, zucchini and garlic cloves in a bowl with a little oil and stir to coat everything lightly. Tip into a roasting tin and roast for 30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, pour 2 1/2 cups boiling water over the cous cous and leave to soak until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and discard the garlic cloves.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag, knot the end and leave for 10 minutes; then peel off the skin and cut the flesh into strips.
- Place the couscous in a large serving bowl. Stir well to break up any lumps and add the warm vegetables, cherry tomatoes, feta and basil.
- Toss together. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over.