Recipe by Ms B.
Really great breakfast dish...or for a snack. I think that it would even be appropriate as a dessert for a light meal. Recipe was originally printed in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- 2 medium red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned or 1 1⁄2 cups refrigerated grapefruit sections, drained
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine fruit.
- Transfer to four individual broiler-safe au gratin dishes or a 1-quart broiler-safe au gratin dish or casserole.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and butter until well mixed; sprinkle on fruit.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes until sugar is bubbly.