Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really great breakfast dish...or for a snack. I think that it would even be appropriate as a dessert for a light meal. Recipe was originally printed in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- 2 medium red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned or 1 1⁄2 cups refrigerated grapefruit sections, drained
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a medium bowl, combine fruit.
- Transfer to four individual broiler-safe au gratin dishes or a 1-quart broiler-safe au gratin dish or casserole.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and butter until well mixed; sprinkle on fruit.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes until sugar is bubbly.
This was good and different for us. I followed the recipe other then I used 2 tablespoons of Splenda brown sugar blend instead of brown sugar.
This was so good! I melted the brown sugar and butter together and drizzled over the fruit before broiling. I loved the grapefruit, my husband loved the pineapple best.
this was really good and so simple. I did add a little cinnamon. I think that you could even do this in a saute pan on top of the stove. I love the way lightly heated fruit has a flavor that just "pops".......so sweet and flavorful.