Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love to make this during the Holidays, it makes the house smell like Christmas. And it tastes good also.
- Pour the cider in a dutch oven pan, 1/2 at a time.
- Put on the stove on simmer.
- add 2 cinnamon sticks.
- add the navel orange slices.
- add 5 whole cloves.
- you may not like it like this, you might have to add 1 or 2 more cinnamon sticks or more cloves.
- Yummy on the wood stove also.
- Take off Heat after approximately 10 minutes.
Easy and delicious about sums it up!
This tastes great. I had some problem understanding why the recipe called for certain amounts of ingredients and then only used half of them. Perhaps an edit to the ingredient list should be made or the instructions re-written? Other than that, good recipe. I used the crockpot while out shopping and came home to a nice, hot mug of cider.
This is a great warm drink...one fun variation is to omit the cinnamon sticks and use red hots--cinnamon candies. My mom calls it "wossle". It has a pretty red color and nice flavor too.