1/1 Photo of Warm Chocolate Tart With Red Wine Sauce
This romantic tart comes together in no time at all with the use of a premade tart shell. Feel free to make your own of course, but I stick with the premade ones on account of being pastry-challenged. As far as a rich and indulgent dessert, you cannot go wrong with warm chocolate and red wine! Perfect for valentines day, or any day that you just want to treat yourself and the ones you love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (9 1/2 inch) tart shells (prebaked)
Red Wine Sauce
- 1For the Tart:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 3Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 4Combine the cream and milk in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate. Allow to stand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate,then whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 5Whisk the egg into the chocolate mixture. Pour the filling into the prebaked tart shell.
- 6Bake the tart for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges of the filling are set; the center will still be soft. Cool the tart on a wire rack for 10 minutes and served warm.
- 7For the Red Wine Sauce:.
- 8Put the sugar in a deep sauce pan. Stir constantly on medium high heat until sugar liquefies and turns mahogany brown. Add the red wine and whisk until sugar is dissolved and wine is incorporated. Chill. Serve over tart.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chocolate Tart With Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 24.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 75.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: