Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from Emeril, it may seem like alot of work but you will never try anything like this anywhere it is delicous and addicting. You can double the recipe as much as you'd like, I just prepare ahead of time and then bake when ready. Well worth it!!!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 ounces good qaulity semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened,plus
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- whipped cream, for garnish
- cocoa powder, for garnish
- Lightly butter 2 ramekins (small baking cups) with 1 tsp of butter and set aside In top of double broiler place semi-sweet and unsweetend chocolate and stir occasionally until melted Remove from heat and stir in 3 tbsp butter and sugar until smooth With mixer add egg, flour, baking powder and cocoa mix at medium-high speed until pale and very thick, about 5 min.
- Place mixture in ramekins, filling about half-full.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375F, place on middle shelf and bake until edges are set but centers are still shiny, about 10 or 11 min Serve in ramekins or invert onto plate garnish with whipped cream or ice cream and dust with cocoa powder.