Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy chocolate cake.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, the 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, the baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center, and pour in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir just until blended; spoon the batter evenly into the pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and additional 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Gently pour the boiling water in a zigzag fashion over the top; do not stir. Bake until the top of the pudding is set, about 35 minutes. Cool on a rack at least 30 minutes. Cut into 9 squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tip: Serve this fudgy favorite with a scoop of vanilla or coffee fat-free frozen yogurt; 1/2 cup with each serving will increase the points by 2.
I am not rating it since I think I made something wrong...And I think there is should be 3/4 cup of flour instead of 1/4 (Recipe #232807), so I made it with 3/4 c. of flour and followed the rest of the recipe. The cake I got tasted good, but the cake was underneath the sauce, isn't should be the contrary?