Oh So Good! These little cakes are so simple to make and your guests with think you spent ages on them. Good quality chocolate is key here. If you don't have souffle dishes or custard dishes, you could use muffin tins, but it would make more little cakes (then you could have TWO each!). Use heart shaped moulds for Valentine's Day and top with whipped cream and raspberry coulis. Mmmmm. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter six 6-ounce custard cups, souffle dishes or other moulds.
- Mix the 2 Tbsp sugar and cocoa powder together and dust the inside of each mould.
- Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and 2/3 cup butter together over low heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat together 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks with electric mixer or hand beater until thick and creamy (about 4 minutes).
- Pour into chocolate mixture and beat together for about 4 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites on medium to high speed until they form stiff peaks (about 3 minutes).
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture along with flour.
- Pour into moulds.
- Bake for 7 minutes until edges are set, but centre is still jiggly.
- Cool for 5 minutes and carefully remove to serving dishes.
- Serve with whipped cream or good quality French Vanilla or Coffee ice cream.