Recipe by Mirj
This is so good you'll want to make it at all your special occasions.
Top Review by NiteOwl
This was a very good cake, light but chocolaty, (the honey and coffee flavors are barely noticeable) I served it with a little whipped cream on the side and it was the perfect finish for a hearty dairy meal.
- 1 (6 ounce) cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in chocolate morsels.
- Remove from heat; continue stirring until chocolate is melted.
- (If necessary, return pan to low heat.) Gradually add honey, stirring to blend.
- Lightly beat egg yolks; whisk into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, coffee, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Stir lightened chocolate mixture into remaining whites; do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted halfway from center to edge comes out clean; cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife around edge to loosen cake from pan.
- Invert cake onto plate; remove paper.
- Serve warm.