Recipe by Colby's Mom
Enjoy this slice-of-heaven cookie warm-just minutes out of the oven. Or bake it ahead and heat up as many wedges as you like just before serving.
Top Review by Rhondacount
I knew this wasn't going to bake correctly after I had mixed everything together. It was a runny batter, nothing like cookie dough. I even added a bit of oatmeal and more flour. I reduced the oven temp by 5 degrees as I thought 375 was too hot. Still, after baking for 18 minutes, the edges were burning. Tasted an unburned portion, and found it tasteless.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease large cookie sheet.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In 3 qt saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in sugars, vanilla, and egg until mixed.
- With spoon, stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate and walnuts.
- Spoon batter onto center of cookie sheet and, with spatula, flatten and spread into 8" round.
- Bake 20-23 minutes, until cookie is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, then slice warm cookie into 16 wedges.
- Eat immediately.
- Or cool, wrap in foil; to serve warm, reheat in 375 degree oven 5-8 minutes.