1/1 Photo of Warm Chocolate Cherry Pudding
1 hr 10 mins
A chocolate variation on Queen of puddings, which is made with breadcrumbs and straw or raspberry jam. My husband likes to eat this with some cream poured over it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat the chocolate pieces with the chocolate milk until the chocolate is melted and it is hot.
- 3Mix in a bowl together with the breadcrumbs and ¼ of the sugar, then add the egg yolks, mix again.
- 4Transfer this to greased 1 ½ liter/quart oven dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until it feels firm.
- 5Remove from the oven, leave the oven on, lower the heat to 325°F.
- 6Beat the egg whites to the soft peak stage, gradually adding the rest of the sugar until the egg whites are thick and shiny.
- 7Spread the cherry jam on top of the pudding, top with the egg whites.
- 8Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes until crispy and light golden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chocolate Cherry Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 334.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g