Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A chocolate variation on Queen of puddings, which is made with breadcrumbs and straw or raspberry jam. My husband likes to eat this with some cream poured over it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the chocolate pieces with the chocolate milk until the chocolate is melted and it is hot.
- Mix in a bowl together with the breadcrumbs and ¼ of the sugar, then add the egg yolks, mix again.
- Transfer this to greased 1 ½ liter/quart oven dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until it feels firm.
- Remove from the oven, leave the oven on, lower the heat to 325°F.
- Beat the egg whites to the soft peak stage, gradually adding the rest of the sugar until the egg whites are thick and shiny.
- Spread the cherry jam on top of the pudding, top with the egg whites.
- Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes until crispy and light golden.
Delicious, even with my changes (based on what I had on hand). I used bittersweet chocolate and red current jelly (instead of the jam). I also wasn't sure of the measurements using ounces instead of cups, so there was a bit of guess work on my part--but I used about 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 slices of bread (to make the bread crumbs). This was enjoyed by all, next time I will use the cherry jam though. Thanks for sharing!