Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can make a few days ahead up to baking part. Refrigerate. Bring to rrom temperature before you bake. Yummy soft/creamy chocolate inside.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 8 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I use Ghirardelli)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Butter and flour 6 small ramekins (I use Pam spray and flour).
- In a double-boiler, melt butter and chocolate.
- Meanwhile, whip eggs, egg yolks and sugar on high until fluffy (about 5-10 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour.
- Add chocolate/butter mix.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Bake 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 3-5 minutes.
- Rub knife around and carefully invert onto plate.
- Can serve with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is magnificent! I love that it can be prepared in advance too, making it the perfect dish for company. Next time, I would use semi-sweet chocolate only because I like my chocolate just a touch sweeter, but for most dark chocolate people, it will be perfect as-is. I added whipped cream on top but no ice cream.