Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Bon Appetit, January 2000. These individual cakes have a soft, pudding-like center. Serve with Frangelico ice cream.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Butter six 6-ounce (3/4 cup) souffle dishes or custard cups.
- Stir butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs, yolks and sugar in large bowl until foamy and pale, and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour; beat until just blended. Stir in chocolate. pour into prepared dishes.
- Place dishes on baking sheet. Bake until cakes are firm around edges but still move slightly in center when shaked, about 12 minutes (do not overbake).
- Cool 5 minutes, then invert onto serving plates. Serve warm with ice cream.
These are really good!! Were not too chocolatey. I don't think I cooked them long enough because there was more oozey cake than cooked cake, but it was still very good. Made for Went to the Market Tag Feb 2010.