This is from Cecila Brooks Brown's "New vegetarian". Despite it being a salad I rarely make the whole thing. I often serve the spiced chickpeas and yoghurt with brown rice or wrapped up in a wholemeal chapatti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces canned chick-peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 1/2 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chile, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
For the dressing
- 6 1/4 fluid ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaf
- 8 3/4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1Rinse and drain the canned chickpeas
- 2Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and cook until softened.
- 3Reduce the heat, then add the garlic, chilli and chickpeas.
- 4Fry for two minutes, then add the cumin and half the lemon juice. Cook until the juices in the pan evaporate, then set aside.
- 5For the dressing, put the yoghurt in a bowl, then add the chopped mint and the remaining lemon juice and oil. Add salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- 6To serve, divide the spinach between four plates or put on a serving platter, add the chickpea and mushroom mixture, then pour the yoghurt dressing over the top and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chickpea Salad With Spiced Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: