Recipe by Moor Driver
Great flavours. Perfect to eat in the back garden with a glass of cool wine on a hot summer night. Serve with pita bread wedges.
Top Review by Annacia
This was really very good! The weather has turned cold for the last couple of days and the warm veggies were just perfect. I added a chopped garlic clove but the rest was by the recipe. The veggies are tender but not mushed and the mint and feta really give it something special. I stuffed a pita half with my portion and had hot mint tea with it. A lovely and sunny tasting recipe.
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 375 g tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 800 g chickpeas, drained (canned)
- 100 g feta, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Put the onion, zucchini, red pepper and tomatoes into a shallow roasting tray and season with black pepper. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and herbs. Season to taste.
- Allow the vegetables to cool for 5 minutes, then tip into a bowl with the chickpeas, feta, and the lemon & olive oil dressing. Toss lightly before serving.