1/1 Photo of Warm Chickpea Salad
Moor Driver's Note:
Great flavours. Perfect to eat in the back garden with a glass of cool wine on a hot summer night. Serve with pita bread wedges.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 375 g tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 800 g chickpeas, drained (canned)
- 100 g feta, cut into cubes
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- 2Put the onion, zucchini, red pepper and tomatoes into a shallow roasting tray and season with black pepper. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until vegetables are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and herbs. Season to taste.
- 4Allow the vegetables to cool for 5 minutes, then tip into a bowl with the chickpeas, feta, and the lemon & olive oil dressing. Toss lightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.2
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 894.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 16.2 g