Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Easy to put together tasty salad
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 375 g ripe tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs (such as chives, parsley and mint)
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, drained
- 100 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to fan 200C/ conventional 220C/gas 7.
- Put the onion, courgettes, pepper and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin and season with black pepper.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and toss well.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are cooked and beginning to turn brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon juice and remaining olive oil to make a dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the herbs.
- When the vegetables are cooked, allow them to cool for 5 minutes, then tip into a bowl with the chickpeas, feta and dressing.
- Toss lightly before serving.
- Leftovers are delicious cold and served with pita bread.