Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve warm as a side dish.
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved (large ones quartered)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, sauté the peppers and onion in the oil for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook and stir until mushrooms are soft. Add some water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add chickpeas and spinach, and cook just until spinach begins to wilt.
- Pour into a serving bowl and pour reserved yogurt sauce over top. Serve warm.
There is a story behind this one. I prepared and cut everything , made the sauce before supper. When I went to put the spinach in ....None. So I took out the salad leftover from last night and guess what, lots of spinach left over, so I picked all that I could out for finish the recipe. By the way that was fantastic. None left over for tomorrow. Hubby used the left over sauce to dip the bagette in. Thank you for the recipe. Made for ZWT4 and the Chic Chefs.
Sensational flavours, and so quick and easy to make! I fed it to a vegetarian teenage boy. He inhaled it, and I got a spoonful. So be honest -- it serves 1, not 4. The sauce makes this dish. Made and thoroughly enjoyed for Zaar World Tour. Thanks!
Absolutely delicious! I wanted something quick and filling at lunch today and this was just the thing. Most of the ingredients are on my favorites list and they come together so very well in this salad. For a change I didn't alter a single thing, I didn't need to! This is very satisfying and hearty without a lot of fat. Thanks for this one Parsley!