Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Insalata tiepida di pollo, a salad serve in a restaurant in Italy. The recipe does not have amounts for the oil/vinegar/lemon. They expect you to do it to taste, so I put a proportion that works, but please make it to your own taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons candied citron peel
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons pickled carrots
- 1 cup mesclun, leaves
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pints chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Clean the chicken breasts and filet them; cook them in the chicken stock for 4 or 5 minutes without reaching boiling point. Remove from heat and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Wash the salads and arrange them on the plate with the nuts, sultanas, citron and the carrots.
- Prepare a dressing with the oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon and drizzle over the salad.
- Cut the chicken breasts and place them on top and dress with the sauce.