Recipe by Luschka
I've not tried this, but am saving it here for future reference. If you try it first, please do let me know what you think! (from Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat.)
Top Review by Elizabbeth
Thank God, you have posted this recipe in here..I follow Gillian's plan and her website's server is down so there was no way to find the ingredients and how to make this recipe..and it tastes wonderfully..everyone should try that salad!!!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 75 g green beans, trimmed
- 75 g asparagus spears
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup baby salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in small pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Alternatively steam in a steamer.
- Steam the green beans and asparagus spears until tender but still crisp; refresh in cold water.
- Mix the beans and asparagus with all the other salad ingredients in a bowl except for the baby salad leaves.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar with 1 tablespoon of water and shake well.
- Slice the chicken while still warm and add to the salad. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve in a large salad bowl, garnished with the baby salad leaves.