Recipe by Recipe Reader
This recipe is easier than may seem. Several ingredients are cooked separately, so it looks lengthy, but give it a try. It's delicious. Serving this in tortillas is a great shortcut, but you could use crepes. I always add a spoonful of hoisin sauce to the inside of the wrap, then spoon a little over the top to garnish. Note: this is not a spicy dish.
Top Review by Mommy Greenest
We found this to be a little bland. I followed the recipe almost exactly. The only variance is I used rice paper wraps in lieu of the tortillas. At the final stage of stir frying I had to add some ginger powder and chinese five spice. That didn't even do the trick so as I was wrapping them in the paper I added some sweet chili sauce and some hoisin sauce. That helped. Sorry.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch, 1 TBS soy sauce, 1 TBS white wine and pour over chicken.
- Toss to coat well and marinate 15-30 minutes.
- When marinating time is finished, wrap tortillas in foil and heat in 350F oven.
- Meanwhile, Heat a heavy wok or large skillet over high heat, until a drop of water dropped on surface evaporates immediately.
- Add 1 1/2 TBS oil, swirling to coat evenly. Add eggs and cook, stirring until just set. Remove eggs and transfer to bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 TBS oil again, and add green onions and bean sprouts, and stir fry until done. Add 1 TBS wine. Remove and transfer to bowl with eggs.
- Heat 2 TBS oil again, and add chicken with marinade. Stir fry until done. Add 2 TBS soy sauce and wine. Add back the eggs and vegetables to heat through.
- Divide mixture into the 8 tortillas and roll up each one.
- Top with a spoon of hoisin sauce, if desired.