1/1 Photo of Warm Chicken, Bacon & Potato Salad
I invented this recipe following a rather tasty pub lunch I devoured back in '99. The result is delicious (but pretty high fat) warm salad that's beautiful in the summer. I'm afraid the amounts are estimated somewhat as I usually make this from memory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon (I prefer back bacon)
- 500 g baby new potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, whole, bruised
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- mixed salad green
- salad dressing (to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Dry-fry the bacon for approximately 5 minutes until crispy and leave to cool.
- 3Parboil the new potatoes for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Drain the potatoes and place on a greased baking tray with the chicken breasts and garlic cloves (whole but bruised).
- 5Cover potatoes, chicken and garlic with oil.
- 6Sprinkle one tablespoon of the sugar over the potatoes.
- 7Roast for approximately 30 minutes, turning once halfway and sprinkling the remainder of the sugar over the potatoes.
- 8Prepare the salad (we use a small bag of pre-prepared salad between the two of us).
- 9Chop the bacon and add it in with the salad.
- 10Remove potatoes and chicken from the oven. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and mix all ingredients together with the salad.
- 11Add salad dressing to taste (we like Paul Newmans Italian dressing personally) and serve warm!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chicken, Bacon & Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.9
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 485.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g