Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is from a packet of Whitworths Ready to eat succulent ready soaked un-ripened dried apricots that can be enjoyed straight out of the pack. Try my apricot sherbet(posted separately) that I made y'day using these apricots; it's something you'll want to have around at your next party:) You'll love it!
- 450 g chicken, boned and cut into large cubes
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of (reserving 2 tbsps. for dressing)
- 150 g ready soaked dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 125 g button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 25 g sliced almonds (optional)
- iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pinch Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ovenproof dish, combine the chicken, apricots, orange zest and juice, honey, soy sauce and ginger.
- Season well.
- Cook in your oven at 190C/375F/Gas mark 5 for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Leave to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, in the meantime, mix the almonds, bean sprouts, mushrooms and shallots.
- Put all the dressing ingredients together in a screw top jar.
- Shake well.
- When the chicken has cooled slightly, add it to the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- Lightly sprinkle with dressing.
- Garnish with fresh corriander leaves.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.